Caring for your Jewellery – How to do it?
To ensure you get the most out of your jewellery it is important to look after it. We have compiled a short list of hints and tips to keep your jewellery looking its best.
1. Take care whilst wearing jewellery whilst gardening as the particles in soil can be abrasive and cause damage to the metal and the stones.
2. Whilst of holiday be aware that both sand and chlorinated pools can have an adverse effect on your jewellery.
3. Hairspray and lotions can encourage silver jewellery to tarnish so it is best to remove jewellery when applying such items.
4. It is always advisable to get claw set rings looked at by a professional jeweller every 12 months to ensure the safety of your stones. Wear and tear of claws is inevitable but regular checks can prevent losing a stone.
5. Jewellery should be cleaned using purpose-built products. We sell the ‘Connoisseur’ range of jewellery cleaning products for both silver and gold items which include specially formulated dips and clothes.Find Us!